Project Engineer - Simulation
Aston Martins state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world.
Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The main purpose of this role is modelling of Chassis systems and full vehicle simulations.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the generation of vehicle models and tests on vehicle simulators.
- Set up and work with simulators to support Dynamics on specific programmes.
- Complete ride, handling, steering, and braking tests on ADAMS/VI-grade and study the effects of kinematics and compliance under various load conditions.
- Assess effects and suggest any changes required to maintain targets.
- Investigate vehicle dynamics issues arising during development using simulation models.
- Suggest improvements and use measured vehicle data to update models.
- Collaborate to create and develop Chassis control system algorithms in conjunction with system suppliers.
- Ensure harmonised interaction of all Chassis electronically control systems.
- Develop control systems and strategies alongside system suppliers using Vi-Grade, Simulink or other appropriate software.
- Interact with ECU suppliers, Component Engineers, Simulation Team and Dynamics Department.
- Specification and testing of vehicle dynamic-control application software
- Vehicle dynamics control system design
Qualifications & Experience
- ADAMS CAR training courses completed
- Extensive experience as a simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
- Extensive experience of ADAMS simulation tools which must include ADAMS CAR.
- Experience of VI-Grade software and CRT
- Experience as a Control Systems Simulation within the automotive industry.
- Co-Simulation integration of active damping and SCS controllers into models.
- Experience of Chassis and EPS software tuning
- Proven capability of studying and understanding K&C data and correlating it with models.
- ADAMS experience with driveline modelling.
- Modelling hydro-mounts and active mounts, tyre modelling
- Software Experience:- Matlab Simulink, VI-Grade car real time, ADAMS, Vector e.g. CANape
- Working knowledge of Altair Hyperworks including Hypergraph.
- Working knowledge of Matlab and VI-Grade.
- Good report writing skills and able to present to technical experts
- Rig test environment experience including vehicle simulators
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management , accuracy ,diligence ,ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
Closing Date for this role is Friday 24th November 2017
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504864