Are you an experienced crane engineer looking for a varied role within a market leader within the UK? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Our client is a global leader in safety survival solutions with customers spanning the globe. As a market leader they are perfectly placed to offer an exciting new career for the right person. With huge investment from the group this is the perfect time to join their team in Plymouth.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Crane Engineer who will ultimately be responsible for completing the planned preventive maintenance of customer?s gantry cranes along with the associated lifting and testing practices.
The main responsibilities of the role are;
- Perform stated tasks within company policies and procedures and obtain approval for any deviation from the allocated tasks
- Be primarily responsible for attending the planned preventive maintenance of customer?s gantry cranes
- Reacting to customers breakdowns
- Complete fault diagnosis and liaise directly with customers to achieve cost effective methods of service and repair
- Complete all relative reports ensuring all parts are allocated
- Be responsible for proof load testing, visual examination, service and inspection of cranes and general lifting equipment
- Ensure that all allocated equipment, tools etc are maintained & used in a safe and correct manner
- Be responsible for UK sites visits but primarily in the South of the UK
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences and attributes;
- Be qualified and demonstrate experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance and fault finding
- Be familiar with test ad examination techniques for general lifting equipment to LEEA standards
- Have experience within the lifting industry ideally overhead cranes of various brands/manufacturers
- Hold NVQ Level 3 or higher, ideally in electrical and mechanical engineering
- Be familiar with the various computer systems involved including the online reporting systems
- Ideally hold LEEA qualifications
- Have experience quoting own jobs
If this is the role for you please send an up to date CV to Stuart Tomkinson or call at the office.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504101