Data Centre Infrastructure Specialist
Data Centre Infrastructure Specialist (shift work), £34k-£40k (d.o.e.), 25% shift allowance, plus benefits
An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Data Centre Infrastructure Specialist in our Operations team.
The Getronics family is an ICT Services group consisting of the Getronics and Connectis brands and is owned by the AURELIUS Group, a holding company headquartered in Munich, Germany. With an extensive history that extends over 125 years, the Getronics family has nearly 6,500 employees in 22 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America, and has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Unified Communications, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Partner Technology, Managed Services and Security.
Getronics is a leading member in the Global Workspace Alliance, a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to over 90 countries. The GWA is ranked number 3 globally according to OVUM?s Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
Getronics support its employees to become experts in their field though development by an in house University and an internal recruitment programme.
You will be part of an 8 person team working across two sites but based in one. You will be the key point of contact for any Data Centre requirements. This role is 24/7/365 to ensure that out of hours upgrades, modifications and physical work can be carried out in a timely manner. Your priorities will be driven by ServiceNow tickets which are raised by internal and external customers with clear SLA expectations surrounding these.
You will be working as part of a Cloud and Compute Team, responsible for delivering world class quality level 2 support, for internal and customer facing systems and ensure that successful completion of operational activities are achieved on the IT infrastructure.
You will actively engage in monitoring systems and provide technical support within the environment to deliver and maintain operational services. You will conduct investigations into complex operational problems and makes proposals for improvement as well as carry out reviews of systems performance, assist specialists, systems engineers or service providers to plan details of amendments and upgrades to systems.
You will be the go to person for 3rd party vendor engineers who come to site. It will be vital to be able to work closely with Network, Virtualisation, Compute and Backup teams to provide a fully rounded level of support when troubleshooting and rolling out a new solution.
- Take ownership of level 2 issues but also support level 3 issues through the lifecycle of each case as reported by the Service Desk;
- Identify, diagnose and troubleshoot problems to limit unscheduled product downtime;
- Provide timely feedback on progress in line with the process methodology;
- Manage incoming workload from multiple channels;
- Collaborate with the wider IT Infrastructure Team to resolve customer issues;
- Contribute to knowledge creation utilising and sharing technical documentation;
- Maintain issue management through Global Service Now;
- Implement change requests, upgrades and patches as required;
- Proactively manage and administer systems to ensure optimal performance and minimise downtime; and
- Produce, when required, clear and well-structured written documentation and communication.
- This is mainly a BAU role but there will be opportunities to be able to contribute to projects as they come along
- Solid hands on demonstrable previous IT Infrastructure and Operations experience
- Ability to support in at least one of the following technical areas; VMware, Cisco Network Switches, Veeam, HP Virtual Connects and HP Blade technology, Veritas Cluster, Windows 2012/2003/2008, RedHat Linux
- Data Centre background is a must
- Business process outsourcing (BPO), information management, publishing solutions industries and/or the public sector (advantageous)
- Technical background in IT platforms, specialising in one or more of databases, server and storage technology, networks, collaboration or other technologies
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- A general understanding of IT Service Delivery, especially Incident Management, Change Management, Config Management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across multi-skilled teams
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a technical subject
- Experience providing technical support
- Experience in analysing and resolving technical issues
- Knowledge of ITIL process
On offer is an attractive basic salary from £34k-£40k (depending on your experience), together with an excellent benefits package, including 25% shift allowance, 25 days holiday with the option to buy / sell 5 days, private medical cover after 1 years' service (partner and family cover available), company pension scheme - up to 4% matched contribution, 4 x death in service, flexible benefits including dental, travel and critical illness, childcare vouchers, etc.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity click the 'Apply Now' button and a member of our team will be in touch soon. If you have not heard from us in 15 working days, please assume your application has not been successful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504605