Senior Systems Engineer
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will develop and deliver Company and Customer Funded systems projects based upon state of the art radar technology. My client is a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of maritime navigation, surveillance and security radar systems
- Experience of systems design, integration & test.
- An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
- An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
- The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
- Computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable.
- An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
- Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
- Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
- Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
- The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
- The ability to deliver engineering packages of work to time, cost and quality.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET, INCOSE).
- UK Driving License.
Due to the nature of work undertaken, applicants will be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens
Job title: Senior Systems Engineer
Locations: North London
Keywords: Systems, Radar, Navigation, Naval, Communications, Engineering
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484184