Engineering Manager - Relocation Opportunity
Opportunity to relocate to Cardiff, South Wales to join an expanding organisation within the Pharmaceutical sector that is developing a cutting-edge product set to disrupt a $1.5 billion market. The company are a well-established high-tech business who have a proven track record within their niche sector.
As the engineering manager / lead manufacturing engineer you will play a key role in the development of the manufacturing processes for this market changing product. You will develop strategies to address complex engineering challenges developing both novel solutions and utilising existing solutions. You will have overall responsibility for the scaling up of the pharmaceutical process. Mentoring a small team of talented engineers, acting as the interface between R&D and GMP manufacturing and managing engineering suppliers. Responsibilities for the engineering manager / lead manufacturing engineer will include:
- Leading a small team of talented engineers
- Developing cutting-edge manufacturing processes, including design, specification and purchasing of production equipment
- Acting as the company's technical expert for all process and production engineering challenges
- Overseeing process validation/quality ensuring adherence to GMP standards
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Continuous improvement of existing processes
- Traveling to other sites within the group (UK and Europe)
To be a successful engineering manager / lead manufacturing engineer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- An engineering degree (mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, chemical, etc.)
- Experience of process development/manufacturing setup within a highly regulated environment such as the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Sectors
- Experience of coaching/mentoring a team of engineers
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of GMP requirements and pharmaceutical process validation
- Must be willing to travel within the UK and Europe as needed.
In return, the engineering manager / lead manufacturing engineer will receive a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 + pension, bonus, etc.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
NOTE you will need to speak with a consultant BEFORE we can progress your application. By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503512