Principal infrastructure engineer
We are looking for a Principal infrastructure engineer to join the team in Cambridge. You will support the growth of Mott MacDonald's development planning business across the East of England region, where our Cambridge office has a long term track record of securing a wide variety of work across a broad range of private and public sector clients.
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Engineer with proven client facing skills to build relationships and deliver high quality, cost effective and tailored solutions for our clients. A key part your role will require working in multi-disciplinary teams where Mott MacDonald provides a variety of engineering, environment, transport planning, costing and related services. The ability to develop internal networks will be important.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the Infrastructure Engineering team whose role will involve a range of high profile and challenging projects.
This focus of the post would be to:
- Develop existing long term, strong client relationships to secure work in infrastructure projects for major development, urban regeneration and transportation projects for both private and public sector clients
- Take a leading role in developing business strategies and undertake proactive business development
- Work closely with colleagues and other disciplines to position for, and secure, project opportunities
- Work as part of a team with responsibility to win and deliver services of the highest quality, in accordance with the Mott MacDonald business management system
- Leading on a portfolio of projects ensuring that project design solutions are delivered to the highest standards and meet programme and budgetary constraints
- Planning, design and implementation of complex highway/infrastructure projects
- Manage and mentor team members, including skills transfer and training
- Providing specialist technical leadership
- Developing BIM/Civil3D and other modelling software capability within the team
What will you need to have?
- Long-term (likely to be at least 10 years) experience in the infrastructure engineering
- Demonstrable record of successfully designing and delivering a wide portfolio of infrastructure projects for major development, urban regeneration and transportation projects in UK for both private and public sector clients.
- Demonstrate an established industry profile and long term client relationships in the East of England
- A strong track record of successful business development
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills and an ability to build effective client networks both internally and externally
- Strong writing, presenting, negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to work closely with colleagues and build multidisciplinary teams to secure and deliver work
- Good analytical, numerate and problem solving skills with the ability to think through complex issues to reach a judgement
- Proven skills in leading and developing teams
- A degree in a relevant subject and membership of a relevant professional institution
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502475