Holt Executive are assisting a market-leading marine electronics business who are currently seeking to hire an experienced Principal Marine Electronic Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced multi-national organisation that holds relationships with some of the key stakeholders in the marine and communications industries.
Key Responsibilities for the Principle Engineer:
- The Principle Engineer will lead the team of direct report Electronics Engineers to supervise activities and provide mentoring.
- The Principle Engineer will carry out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessels and premises.
- The Principle Engineer will carry out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers' vessels and premises and on company premises.
- The Principle Engineer will provide technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents.
- The Principle Engineer will promote and seek the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers.
- The Principle Engineer will work with the Regional Manager and Sales Administrator to ensure the profitable and efficient operation of the Marine service Centre.
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience.
- Provide quotes to local customers for transactional and service business.
- To assist the sales team in using established personal contact and rapport with local customers to help with sales in other business areas.
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Principle Engineer:
- The Principle Engineer will have a HND/HNC technical qualification or similar training in an electronics discipline.
- The Principle Engineer will have relevant and recent marine navigation and communications domain knowledge regarding the technology on board ships is essential.
- The Principle Engineer will have technical knowledge and competence, able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the regulations surrounding the Marine industry as well as a broad knowledge of electronics products.
- The Principle Engineer will have past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of the wider maritime community.
- The Principle Engineer will have a technical background which would allow an understanding of concepts of all areas of marine electronics.
- The Principle Engineer will have a good track record in customer service, sales, or other applicable roles in which customer contact was critical to success.
- GMDSS operator's certificate.
- Radio survey experience.
- BOSIET or OLF certification.
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company.
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses.
Please call Holt Executive on ************ for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504854