Solution's Architect - Video Streaming - IPTV - Broadcasting
This is a very interesting role encompassing elements of pre-sales, consulting, technical architecture design and client management. It is a chance to fulfil a pivotal role within the company and to become a recognised expert in the Video Streaming industry.
Our client is a growing company with a significant client base across Europe and expanding to US, providing advanced video streaming technology solutions including DRM, live and on-demand streaming, players and apps across a wide range of devices.
Working on video projects for the broadcast and media/entertainment industry, the successful candidate will join the our clients senior team and report to the CTO.
We require a hands-on Solutions Architect with experience in an area of online video delivery and Cloud Computing to architect video streaming solutions. This position involves some European travel.
As Solutions Architect, you will:
- Provide hand-on design and architecture of IP systems and infrastructure to manage, encrypt and deliver online video and audio.
- Participate in requirements gathering, scoping and costing of architectural solutions in a pre-sales capacity
- Provide advice to clients on all aspects of Cloud Based video delivery architecture and infrastructure
- Regularly attend Industry seminars and events and be willing to speak at such events
- Work with vendors to understand latest technologies and how we can harness them in our solutions
- Share best practices identified in daily work with members of other teams
- In time, become a technical voice of authority for video streaming
- Have a good understanding all elements of Online Video delivery including streaming formats, streaming Servers, encryption, caching, monitoring, CDNs
- Good experience in Amazon Web Services and knowledge of the AWS product stack.
- Knowledge and understanding of data and corporate security
- Experience working with software and hardware vendors/partners to create join solutions
- An understanding of software development languages and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating professionalism, empathy and consideration in all dealings with clients and other staff members
- Analytical, technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
- Architectural modelling and diagramming skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to a variety of audiences.
- Presentation skills and ability to present information in various ways to meet audience needs
- Stays current on emerging technology, infrastructure concepts and industry best practices
- Proactive and can do' attitude
Our client will offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, friendly and collaborative team, potential for flexible hours and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting edge projects. Travel within Europe is required (usually up to 2 trips a month)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444571