Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Accounts Administrator (Cash Management Team Members) are responsible for handling client Cash Management delivery and support. Working closely with our offshore operations team in India, you will oversee production deadlines and update quality control mechanisms to assist with the production of the cash processes.
You will have contact with NHS SBS clients on a daily basis via phone and email, assisting them with their cash management requirements.
- Provide clients with accurate and updated cashbook and cashflow for each allocated bank account
- Approve and authorise Accounts Payable payment runs to deadline using forecasts and customer input where necessary
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of cashbook ensuring General Ledger reconciles with cashbook, bank statement and cash management module
- Ensure that all bank transactions are properly accounted for in Oracle, liaising with customers and colleagues as necessary to provide supporting documentation and action
- Authorise CHAPS/fast payments within the manual payments form ensuring they are recorded in either Accounts Payable system or direct to General Ledger
- Action "stop cheque" and "out of date cheques" liaising with Accounts Payable to ensure that they are properly recorded in the Oracle system
- Responsible for the requisition of foreign currency payments and any other manual payments as requested by the client, ensuring the payment is paid to deadline and accounted for correctly in Oracle
- Administer Pension payments using either the pensions on-line system or manual process, ensuring payment is made to deadline and payment reconciled correctly in Oracle
- Responsible for the payover of monthly Tax/NI, ensuring payments are made to deadline and payment reconciled in Oracle correctly
- Responsible for completion of standing order requests/deletes/amendments as requested by clients, ensuring cashflows are updated, payment reconciled correctly in Oracle
- Preparation and analysis of detailed cash flow forecasts advising customers of potential cash risk and possible resolution
- Analyse all inter NHS contract funding to be processed advising of any shortfalls
- Responsible for completion of drawdown forms ensuring that correct funding is received
- Monthly reconciliation of bank general ledger control accounts to cash book and review with customers to clear outstanding items in accordance with agreed timetable
- Control year-end cash movements liaising with customers, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ability to resolve all client cash management queries
- To be responsible for own daily KPI's to ensure delivery of all processes are to deadline and that any risks, issues are escalated to Team Leader/SME in a timely manner
- Assist in the training and induction of new staff
- Have knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Software ? particularly Excel
- Double entry bookkeeping and knowledge of journals would be beneficial
- Possess excellent communication skills ? verbally, in print and especially, on the phone
- Be detail oriented - able to multitask and handle multiple client accounts
- Be able to manage time and projects effectively to meet deadlines
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
Freedom to act
Over 1,900 NHS SBS people work as a fully integrated team to ensure our NHS clients benefit from our strength in process industrialisation and service innovation. On offer is the opportunity to join this fast growing and successful organisation. The role comes with a competitive salary and the opportunity for further development within NHS SBS or the wider Sopra Steria Group.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500113