PLC Software Engineer
PLC Software Engineer ? Sheffield ? Permanent - £25-40k + 25 days holiday + 5% pension contribution
Samuel Frank Associates requires a Software Engineer with PLC programming experience to join a rapidly expanding Sheffield based organisation. The client is open to looking at someone with 12 months commercial experience (or maybe even a high calibre Graduate) right up to an experienced Engineer with significant experience, hence the salary range on offer!
All applicants will need to be educated to at least Degree level. The client develops using the Siemens range of PLCs ( S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, S7-1500) but they are open to someone coming in and training on Siemens kit. The ideal background for the type of work you?ll be involved in is process based industry such as oil & gas, chemical, water or food & beverage. The work will entail programming from scratch, refining existing code, producing documentation and commissioning which will usually take place in Sheffield. Some occasional site work might be expected but this is likely to be minimal.
In summary, the role will involve ?
- - Technically review and understand customer requirements.
- - Creation of user requirements and functional design specifications.
- - Development of control and safety concept.
- - Definition of PLC automation system and software coding (Siemens).
- - Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- - Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA)
- - Creation of automation project documentation
Candidates with a driving licence will be considered favourably.
Applicants looking for a salary towards the higher end of the range are likely to have some of the following ?
- - Software development with Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300, 400, 1200 and 1500.
- - Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- - Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
- - Functional safety and safety integrated systems including SIL specification/verification.
- - Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems ? Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced.
- - Electrical schematics review.
The role is commutable from the following places ? Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield and Worksop.
Please apply today for an immediate response!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444257