Contractor Installation Engineer (field based)
Contractor Installation Engineer To Start January
Covering London and South West Area, with equipment pickup from Hounslow warehouse
£120 per day
Do you have previous experience in field based installations, break/fix work or similar, with lots of customer interaction?
One of our key clients is undertaking a major transformation of its systems, hardware and networks. The work involves de-commissioning of old hardware, provision and installation of new hardware into fixed branches, Mobile Vans and Portable units, specifically: PCs', TFT Screen with MSR, 2D Barcode Scanner, A4 printer, keyboard, branch router and network connections, new specialist switch for specialist terminals, laptop and docking station for PHU's, minor maintenance and adjustments to existing slip printer.
You will need to pick up the equipment daily from our local distribution centre and either have access to a vehicle large enough to take a loaded pallet of equipment (about the size of a large American Fridge/Freezer), or be happy to use a hire van, with the deposit and fuel being your responsibility.
Duties and tasks associated with the role:
- To successfully carry out the installation process
- To maintain regular communications with the Project Team at Bybox
- To maintain van and peripheral stock to precise standards
- To complete all necessary documentation and reporting via tablet, provided by the client
- To troubleshoot faults as required
- Full UK or European driving licence
- Willingness to promptly complete full security and CRB checks
- Ability to demonstrate competence in stock control
- Access to vehicle, as above, or ability to pay deposit for hire vehicle
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English and customer interaction experience
- A willingness to undertake training, to gain the skills required for the installation work
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504825