Principal Writer - Reading
QuintilesIMS are looking for a Principal Medical Writer to join our global Integrated Market Access team. You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific knowledge, medical writing expertise and strategic insights to lead the development of client communication activities and services and mentor junior team members. Thanks to our unique position within QuintilesIMS, a leading provider of services to the healthcare and life sciences industry, our collaborative offerings extend well beyond those of a traditional medical communications group, and you will have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams with our colleagues specializing in medical affairs, commercialization, market access, and real world evidence to develop new solutions to help move healthcare forward.
The ideal candidate will have senior-level experience across a range of medical communications offerings, including medical affairs (scientific publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, market access materials, MSL support, medical information), promotional and patient support initiatives. We value proactive thinkers who have the ability and desire to work in multifunctional teams to create innovative communications solutions.
· Providing strategic direction on a variety of accounts, including large multi-faceted communications programmes, using knowledge and understanding of therapy area, market, organisation and project objectives. Link in with Quintiles service offerings where appropriate to ensure the most successful solutions for clients.
· Ensuring consistent high quality of all communications activities within allocated accounts, producing the full range of communication solutions in accordance with the needs and objectives of the client, target audience and publication medium.
· Providing counsel and guidance to clients, cultivating strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers and assisting them to achieve their goals through the proposal and development of high quality communications solutions.
· Leading meetings with relevant stakeholders, presenting scientific/clinical concepts and facilitating discussions as required. Cultivate strong, long-term working relationships with internal and external key decision-makers. Take an active role in the development and facilitation of workshops and expert advisory meetings related to scientific communications.
· Acting as a scientific/clinical expert, in the development and delivery of proposals/pitches, with a particular focus on specialist service areas and communications solutions, maximizing business opportunities with both existing and new clients and contributing to the development of new communication solutions and services for Quintiles Medical Communications.
· Supervising, coaching and mentoring team members, and/or line managing a small number of staff, in accordance with best practice, policies and applicable regulations as appropriate.
· Leading on project specifications and cost estimates on assigned accounts, working closely with account teams. Working with senior team members to assess performance of assigned services, closely monitoring profitability and proactively initiating actions to maximize this.
Skills and Experience required:
· Familiarity with research tools and approaches, such as reference management/publication planning databases
· Demonstrable therapy area expertise
· Excellent working knowledge of medical communications business objectives, services and operating procedures
· Experience of a wide variety of medical communications solutions for a range of audiences, for example publication planning, symposium and exhibition materials, educational and training aids, pitch presentations and promotional materials
· Ability to monitor team outputs, ensuring quality, compliance, appropriateness and profitability
· Proven ability to coach and train team members
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers
· A relevant bachelor's degree plus medical writing experience in a medical communications agency, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500680