UX Web Developer
Working for one of the UK's leading engineering support services organisations the User Experience (UX) Web Developer will be the subject matter expert in Web technologies, User centred design, User interface and User experience providing guidance across the stakeholder community, working with the wider applications team to ensure all applications are fit for purpose and deliver business value.
- Deliver standard and consistent web technologies, UI designs, UX, HTML and CSS solutions for projects
- Work with application, web services and training teams to continually improve the overall user experience for users on web systems within the company including SSL, Domains, reverse proxy and IE11
- Control the configuration of web services and ensure the installation is correctly managed by the 3rd party suppliers where applicable
- A expert knowledge of IIS, web clients and web server technologies and applications
- A knowledge of IT infrastructure in a large, complex corporate environment and other infrastructure affecting web-based systems (including firewalls, group policy, DNS, proxies)
- An ability to systematically breakdown and troubleshoot technical problems
- Data analysis and manipulation skills
- Create interface design standard for group web based systems to ensure a consistent and easy experience for the user
- Ensure any configurations and development work is completed and tested within agreed timescales and delivered to the standard and/or management application agreed with your line manager and change manager
- Ensure functional requirements and designs are agreed with the stakeholder community and delivered in line with IS standards and processes
- Ensure consistent application and systems documentation is updated when projects and smaller changes are implemented
- Identify and suggest existing or new emerging standards and best practice for the team
- Ensure any costs incurred are for an agreed project or existing budgeted SLA
- Ensure all technical decisions taken are commercially aware and support business, Innovation and IT strategies
- Experience of managing and delivering functionality using configuration and development of Enterprise Portals
- Structured delivery of hierarchical CSS and standards frameworks with a consistent design approach
- Designing clean, desirable and functional user interfaces that will apply to company web systems such as; SAP Fiori, SharePoint and websites
- Resolution of SAP Portal issues and problems through Remedy/Service Desk
- Identify and define the mockup, wireframe and HTML prototype tools of choice with the wider team
- Create wireframes, mock ups, designs into working User Interfaces
- Building well-structured UI components that follow best practices and standardised delivery
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Share Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Childcare vouchers, Health Care Cash Plan, Bike Scheme etc.
- Free Parking
- Free and regular shuttle bus connecting to local bus and train stations and the city centre.
- Excellent location with shops, coffee shops, restaurants, a florist, hairdressers, beauty salon and nursery.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502358