Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Polkadotfrog are exclusively partnered with an organization operating in the US and Cambridge who are looking to form a small team in Cambridge. We are seeking a Senior Dev-Ops Engineer to participate in the enhancement and maintenance of systems infrastructure for Virtualized, and Physical IT environment and support production web applications.
As the Senior member of the team you will be working to increase the efficiency and reliability of the infrastructure using Saltsack CMS where you will be design solutions in a Hyper-converged Linux environment that include Web, Corporate, Test, QA, and Production systems. You will be designing, architecting and engineering a highly available, reliable and scalable infrastructure to support worldwide online operations. The successful candidate will assist developing and maintaining monitoring and alerts to ensure uptime and SLA levels and identifying process and technology improvements. Ideally the successful candidate will have some leadership experience as you will be required to be a point of contact and provide occasional direction for a local IT helpdesk contractor and Junior Dev Ops Engineer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in data center operations, planning, and executing site deployments
- Experience with automation tools such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet
- Expertise automating system administration tasks with scripting tools (Python preferred, shell scripting helpful)
- Aptitude for analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux (Ubuntu) and open source applications such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails, Solr, Kafka, MySQL, and git
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Logstash, Kibana, Nagios, etc.
- Experience with Network architecture including load balancers, switches, and routers
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, customer service skills
- Ability to lead and contribute as a technical resource for others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- VMware (vSphere Enterprise Suite) Cluster management, troubleshooting
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols - TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSL, SSH, XML, JDBC, SNMP, IPSEC and others
- Networking (Firewalls, OpenVPN, Juniper)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501295