Data Engineer / Python Developer - Data Science, SQL, Agile
Data Engineer /Data Application Developer / Python Developer - Python, SQL, Data Science
One of the UK's leading fintech and payment platform providers require an experienced Data Application Developer / Data Engineer to join a fast growing start up Data Science team. Our client processes a huge number of transactions and these systems generate incredibly rich data about economic behaviour of almost all the people and business in Britain. This new team is dedicated to understanding this data; crafting products to help their clients understand the British economy.
Headquartered in The City of London, our client work with banks, government agencies, and commercial organisations to improve understanding, forecasting, and decision making. The Data Science Group is responsible for early stage research and prototype design, delivering clear proof of concept projects and beta-level products. They are composed of data-science researchers, analysts, and domain experts, working closely with the Product Development and Operations teams. To help them realise these Proofs of Concept and beta-products they are hiring this exciting new role within the team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work among early-stage Data Scientists and researchers, building prototypes that process massive amounts of payments data.
- Design and build of software products in Python & SQL to deliver data science outputs to clients
- You will use Python to build and integrate API frameworks with machine learning algorithms.
- You will write and optimise SQL for a large data warehouse.
- You will keep track of technological developments in the python/data science space, and contribute to the architectural design of data products
- You will demonstrate a clear and effective development practice, and help modernise and sharpen the technical stack and workflow.
You and your experience:
- You will be a data curious Developer with a strong interest in developing data-driven products.
- You enjoy the craft of building products, with significant experience in Python & SQL
- You are happy building early-stage product prototypes and will have a strong interest of future technology
- You are excited exploring new technologies and enjoy being exposed to new ideas
- You are capable of talking to both researchers and engineers, and are confident asserting your opinion.
- You will be a highly skilled Coder comfortable working at production level with strong experience of working on open source projects
- You will offer experience in delivering data driven early-stage product design involving the processing of data at a Gigabyte scale.
- The ability to interrogate large, complex behavioural data sets stored in large relational data stores
- Knowledge of an agile software development workflow, including sprint planning, testing and continuous integration
- Ideally you will be Degree educated in a numerate subject such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Astronomy, Particle Physics etc alternatively strong relevant commercial experience will also be considered.
- Experience of 3-tier data warehouses
- Experience of developing API's and services
- Cloud & Application layers
This is a great opportunity for experienced Data Engineers to work on the next generation of Data Science products including neural networks and machine learning products working with one of the most valuable data sets available in the UK. You will also work on performance systems deploying microservices within a very high secure environment.
Our client value communication and collaboration and believe that producing research and product prototypes relies on an open and creative culture. They work normal office hours, because they believe that family and work life balance is important. On offer is also a comprehensive and extensive benefits package that also includes both personal and company bonus scheme, private medical, season ticket loans and much more.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504263