Salary 30,000.00 - £35,000.00 Per Annum
- The ideal candidate will be educated to A Level or equivalent and have a minimum of two years? previous experience in Marine or Volvo Engineering.
- Previous experience of working on deck is preferable.
- Your normal working hours will average 48 hours per week working to shift patterns in accordance with the workload of the vessels and will include weekends and nights.
- In return, we are offering a competitive salary, 25 days? holiday per year and the opportunity to develop a career on the River Thames working for a successful Company.
Main Purpose of Job
- To play an active role with the rest of the team in providing a first-class service on board of all vessels and to ensure that all machinery & equipment is maintained as appropriate.
- To act as crew on board of Company Vessels.
- To follow instructions as requested.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To act as engineer for Thames Luxury Charters and associated craft
- Maintain vessels and all associated machinery & equipment, moorings and piers as directed
- Ensure appropriate clothing and protective safety wear is worn at all times.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with any training you have been given and always according to the Company?s Health & Safety Document which has been issued to you.
- Report any deficiencies in the appropriate manner and to the appropriate personnel
- Maintain appropriate paperwork with respect to engineering and Health and Safety issues.
- Any vessel on which you are working is properly victualled with appropriate fuel, oil and water.
- Ensure all ropes, tools maintenance & cleaning equipment is stored safely and correctly so as not to cause damage or harm to any crew or staff member.
- Assist with all stock control procedures ensuring rope, tools, maintenance & cleaning equipment is stored correctly at all times. Adhering to all legal requirements as minimum standard.
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- To fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy Statement.
- To follow the Company's Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Company.
- Identify any areas that could pose a hazard due to bad housekeeping practices or faulty equipment ensuring this is reported to the Captain of the vessel on which you are working.
- Be aware of COSHH sheets and appropriate usage of chemicals.
- Respond quickly to customer needs as required.
- Undertake any additional training requirements that would add value to both yourself and the companies.
- To undertake any such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502554