My client require an Infrastructure Engineer to be based at their Milton Keynes Office. We are looking for a highly technical engineer! The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the key components of the technical operations (Servers, Directory Services, LAN/WLAN, WAN, Network Storage, Backup Systems Communications Solutions and Cloud subscription services) and provides key services to internal customers (Incident & Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, HAM & SAM etc)
This role is responsible handling 3rd point of contact requests through various channels. Assisting the customer and taking ownership of each request to a satisfactory conclusion. They will also be based in project based work.
The successful candidate will need to have proven experience of supporting:
· Windows Server(General)
· Office 365
· Sharepoint administration
· Providing an escalated point of contact for all incidents and queries via support channels. All contact to the Service Desk will be logged using the companies Service Management tool
· Providing a support function for internal and external customers covering a variety of services that are provided by the business
· Installing and configuring computer systems
· Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
· Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues
· Assigning incidents and queries to the correct resolver groups if they cannot be fixed first time and managing them through their life cycle
· Identification of Incident Management for high priority incidents
· Fulfil service requests and daily checks.
· Ensuring that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours by managing shift staffing schedules, etc.
· Acting as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received
· Producing statistics and management reports
· Assisting Analysts in providing first line support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required.
· Management & mentoring responsibilities including motivation, issue resolution & recruitment activities to match the companies needs
· Contributing to the maintenance and development of the technical competence of the Support Engineering Group
· Act as a transition consultant on projects. Input requirements to ensure operational service is protected at all times
· Able to work in an Agile, virtual team pushing continuous service improvement initiatives in-line with projected timelines
· Proactive process improvements & technical best practice (lodge project ideas etc) based on internal and external capabilities of tools, resource and SME domain knowledge
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000K per annum
Location: Milton Keynes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959471911