Senior Solutions Engineer (DevOps)
Senior Solutions Engineer (DevOps) - Fintech Trading Firm - Central London
We are a leading Cryptocurrency Exchange founded with a focus on trust, security and reliability, our goal has always been to create a safe and accessible place to trade and invest in cryptocurrency.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a skilled senior infrastructure hosting engineer or DevOps engineer to join our team of highly skilled technical professionals.
We're based in the City and are already successful but still relatively young company. This is a chance to join when the technology is still open to significant change. It would suit a gifted technologist who is keen on taking ownership and making a substantial impact in a fast moving and creative Fintech startup environment.
Reporting to the CTO, the Senior Solutions Engineer will work with project managers and the other members of Technical Services team, throughout the entire life-cycle of our hosting requirements. Including design of solution architecture, implementation, testing, and provision of on-going support and maintenance. They will also work closely with our alerting and monitoring systems, and provide support for technical services, office and to remote workers. Finally, they will be responsible for overseeing and executing build to test, staging and production of new and existing software updates.
- Design and implement low latency core trading infrastructure based on Java and/or C++ related systems
- Participate in architectural design and system refactoring
- Join and contribute to development of our continuous improvement process and DevOps
- Support our live systems and be fully capable of resolving / fixing issues if they
- Perform peer code review
- Assist members of the technology team in the delivery of their projects through team work on architectural, design, coding, and testing best practice
- Research and build deep levels of knowledge with respect to advances in the cryptocurrency or technology space with the aim of building a product road map and
- identifying potential opportunities to enhance our overall offering
- Strong Linux System Administration skills
- Cloud hosting technologies
- Strong Configuration Management and Automation skills (Ideally Ansible, Jenkins ETC)
- Administration and management of monitoring and alerting systems
- Understand of security policies or experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience hosting and maintaining Java, C++, Ruby, Rails, Node.js applications
- Database Administration (PostgreSQL; MongoDB beneficial)
- Administration and management of backup systems.
- Management and application of security patches.
- Background in financial computing, low latency computing and security
This role would suit somebody with a background in implementation of highly available hosting solutions
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 + Bonuses (Dependent on experience and how well you interview of course!)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488441