Project Engineer - Simulation
Job Title: Project Engineer - Simulation
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £40k-£45k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as the Project Engineer - Simulation
The main purpose of this role is modelling of Chassis systems and full vehicle simulations.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Support the generation of vehicle models and tests on vehicle simulators.
- Set up and work with simulators to support Dynamics on specific programmes.
- Complete ride, handling, steering, and braking tests on ADAMS/VI-grade and study the effects of kinematics and compliance under various load conditions.
- Assess effects and suggest any changes required to maintain targets.
- Investigate vehicle dynamics issues arising during development using simulation models.
- Suggest improvements and use measured vehicle data to update models.
- Collaborate to create and develop Chassis control system algorithms in conjunction with system suppliers.
- Ensure harmonised interaction of all Chassis electronically control systems.
- Develop control systems and strategies alongside system suppliers using Vi-Grade, Simulink or other appropriate software.
- Interact with ECU suppliers, Component Engineers, Simulation Team and Dynamics Department.
- Specification and testing of vehicle dynamic-control application software
- Vehicle dynamics control system design
Qualifications & experience
- ADAMS CAR training courses completed
- Extensive experience as a simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
- Extensive experience of ADAMS simulation tools which must include ADAMS CAR.
- Experience of VI-Grade software and CRT
- Experience as a Control Systems Simulation within the automotive industry.
- Co-Simulation integration of active damping and SCS controllers into models.
- Experience of Chassis and EPS software tuning
- Proven capability of studying and understanding K&C data and correlating it with models.
- ADAMS experience with driveline modelling.
- Modelling hydro-mounts and active mounts, tyre modelling
- Software Experience:- Matlab Simulink, VI-Grade car real time, ADAMS, Vector e.g. CANape
- Working knowledge of Altair Hyperworks including Hypergraph.
- Working knowledge of Matlab and VI-Grade.
- Good report writing skills and able to present to technical experts
- Rig test environment experience including vehicle simulators
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management , accuracy ,diligence ,ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Project Engineer - Simulation, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504735