UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world?s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. Delavan Ltd is one of the industrial arms of the UTAS organisation. Delavan is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high quality spray nozzles and fluid handling systems. A lot of the spray nozzles used today have been developed based on aerospace technology.
For someone who?s bright, switched on and willing to learn, it?s the best possible place to begin a career in Finance.
We are looking to recruit a Management Accountant to further strengthen the finance team reporting directly into the Financial Controller.
Summary of Role:
The Management Accountant will be responsible for ensuring efficient transactional processing to meet customer requirements. With specific emphasis on maintaining fully reconciled and accurate management accounts and statutory reporting.
- Production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
- Production of monthly Balance sheet reconciliations and load into ARMS.
- Support in management Fixed assets reporting, audits and submission of ARs and ECARs.
- Support in management of stock take process.
- Support for internal and external audit processes.
- Support for internal controls processes.
- Support for Budget and forecasting process.
- Expense analysis
- Productivity reporting
- Management of all HMRC reporting (EC Sales, Intrastat and VAT Returns).
- Manage AP+AR reconciliations (liaison with FSS and monitor performance).
- Manage inventory accounts including WIP and E+O.
- Prepare accruals and prepayments
- Reconciliation of Intra and Intercompany balances
- Maintain and Create accurate Standard Costs
- Annually review Purchase Prices for frozen standards
- Annually review Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Routings before rolling Frozen Standards
- Annual review batch sizing.
- Annual costing process for MRO site (Actual costing)
- Understanding of labour and overhead rate calculations
- Review Manufacturing variances
- Review Efficiency variances
- Review Purchase Price Variance (PPV)
- Review Excess and Obsolete (E&O) reserves
- Monitor / review capitalised variances
- Review labour / overhead variances
This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position; it is meant to give a general description of what the main duties are, recognising that the successful job incumbent may be requested to fulfil assignments commensurate with the level of this role.
- Functional/Technical skills
- Final stage of CIMA (or Qualified)
- Experience in SAP is essential
- A team player with ?Hands on? approach
- Flexible individual with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Experience working in manufacturing sector
The candidate must have excellent communication skills, self-motivated and demonstrate a pro-active approach to work.
Final stage of CIMA (or Qualified)
** Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, please assume you have not been successful if you have not heard within 4 weeks **
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504427