Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer - Permanent - Bristol
Our client is looking for enthusiastic, ambitious and able software engineers to join their development teams in Bristol, UK. Our client delivers a wide range of projects and products to customers, spanning large scale system developments used to operate satellites to small technology studies involving prototypes and technology demonstrators. They cover many software and IT aspects of the space and ground segments for spacecraft missions, including monitoring and control, planning, automation, operations data preparation, archives and big data analysis. Importantly we are also moving into product development to facilitate the trend of operating mega-constellations.
The Software Test Engineer role will include working directly with the software development teams to implement the detailed test programme and support deployment and testing at the integration site and ultimately at the spacecraft control centres.
- Working as part of the team to support integration and testing of software sub-systems
- Development of Automated tests and associated test tools
- Support and management of a continuous integration environment to ensure that software sub-systems are regularly and thoroughly tested
- Support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies
- Direct interaction with customers to support systems testing and higher levels of integration
- Travel to the customer site, as required, to assist with testing, provide support or training
- Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute more widely to the Space Division and develop and grow within the company taking on leadership roles where appropriate
- Verification and Validation is an important and growing part of our business, spanning not only the ground segment but also embedded systems, as well as the validation of autonomous systems
- We value individuals with the ability, initiative, ambition and willingness to help shape our business
- The candidate must have a software engineering or software test background with experience of formal test programmes including verification and validation
- An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices is essential, including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines
- The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company
- Experience in the use of JUnit and JBehave
- Understanding and experience of Continuous Integration
- Understanding of verification and validation, particularly from a customer perspective
- Requirements engineering
- Understanding of Spacecraft Operations
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Software Test Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484806