Fixed Asset Accountant
Fixed Asset Accountant- £28,000 - £31,000 - FMCG Organisation - Permanent - Watford
Our client, a leading FMCG organisation based in Watford are currently recruiting for a Fixed Asset Accountant on a permanent.
This role is responsible for ensuring Fixed Asset Transactions within the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre are captured and reported accurately and timely in the company's financial statements in accordance to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles - as well as, helping to drive standardization and harmonization of all Fixed Asset accounting processes for EMEA. The primary focus of this role is UK, Nordics and Spain.
- Updating and maintaining Fixed Asset ledger accounts for US GAAP & Statutory reporting.
- Timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as per company policy.
- Analysis and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation queries.
- Assigning of transaction codes to relevant documents.
- Ensuring that depreciation is recorded properly for each asset monthly.
- Preparation of journal entries to general ledger.
- Assisting and preparation of annual tax fillings.
- Assisting when monthly reporting to seniors as per the company's policies and procedures are submitted.
- Updating and maintenance of month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing schedules
- Performing balance sheet and income statement account analyses and actual versus budget comparisons to determine if there are missing entries or significant variances that require further investigation.
- Processing of accruals during month-end close.
- Preparing the monthly Fixed Asset roll forwards that ties to the General Ledger.
- SAP system experience is essential.
- Extensive experience of Fixed asset accounting.
- A second European language would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience within a SSC environment.
- US GAAP/UK GAAP
To apply for this role please email *************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483380