Marc Daniels is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known company who are looking to recruit a Bookkeeper to join their finance team, based in Beaconsfield.
This work warrants many conversations with the Partner managing the client, and independent work. We have a number of people also covering Service Charge work as well as Management Accounts and occasional bookkeeping. However, this is an ideal time to join a company as many changes are being made to the department including restructuring the work-flow and daily processes. Even the non-managerial positions can make their mark in the department. The partners are looking for competent and independent workers, able to be a part of a team with previous practice experience, dealing with many clients sometimes in a pressurised environment dedicated to meeting deadlines.
- Carry out bookkeeping and data processing using accounting systems of the client or appropriate accounting system
- Maintain purchase ledger, sales ledger and nominal ledgers
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of all control accounts
- Calculate and process monthly journals for prepayment/accruals/depreciation/payroll and other monthly adjustments
- Prepare VAT returns In advance of deadline for review and sign off
- Completes assignments for clients, managers & supervisors to required standard
- Prepare management accounts file in required format and structure
- Manages portfolio to ensure work completed to client's timetable expectations
- Meeting deadlines and dates set
- Completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines
- Effective use of IT including excel, accounts packages, outlook
- Maintain client confidentiality outside the office including on client premises
The successful candidate must have at least 3/4 years' work experience within a practice, be qualified or part qualified, have good working knowledge of bookkeeping software, and be computer literate when using Microsoft Excel and Word.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502744