IT Technician - Cardiff
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining industry. The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK has been providing its clients with innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions for over 40 years. Our client base covers a wide range of industries, particularly within the resources and engineering sectors.
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd, located in Cardiff City Centre is the European arm of the SRK Consulting Group and currently has around 100 employees. SRK is an employee owned company.
Reporting To: IT Operations Manager
Location: 5th Floor, Churchill House, 17 Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH.
Hours of Work: 08:00 ? 16:30 or 09:30 ? 18:00, Monday to Friday, with a 30-minute lunch break (40 hours per week)
Salary Scale: £20k ? £28k depending on relevant experience
The IT Technician will administer the service desk on a day-to-day basis and provide 1st & 2nd line support to users and clients, escalating problems to relevant technical resources where necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in an IT related subject is desirable, as are any professional industry qualifications (e.g. MCP, etc.).
The successful candidate shall have a working knowledge of some or all the following technologies:
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 365 ? specifically:
- Office 365 Pro Plus 2016
- Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Online
- Skype for Business
- Exchange Online
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security
- Smart Mobile Devices such as iPhones.
- IT Service Desk Call Logging Software
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Exchange 2013
- Deployment Software (i.e. MDT etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily administration of the Service Desk, ensuring all service requests are logged and resolved promptly or escalated as required
- Providing 1st & 2nd line support for hardware and software related problems/incidents
- Assisting with the procurement, installation, configuration, maintenance, licensing and auditing of company hardware and software as required
- Provide support to various IT Projects as required
- The successful candidate will have a methodical approach to problem solving along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to interact with people at all levels inside and outside the organisation is vital
- Ability to be proactive and able to work under pressure, either independently or as part of a team
- We are a small IT team who cover a wide range of software, services and technologies. As such the appetite to get involved in all aspects of the IT Service Operation, ranging from logging a call into our Service Desk to resolving infrastructure (2nd line issues) is highly desirable.
There will be periods when you will be required to work outside normal working hours to meet deadlines and to ensure uninterrupted provision of service.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504398