Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer - Food Industry
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a world leading Company for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer based in Enfield, London
Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer Automated | Food Industry
£42,000 to £46,000 plus pension, over time, training & development
This is a shift role which involves 12hr days and nights. Experience will be considered from any automated or FMCG fast moving industry. If you are electrically biased and of a positive mind set with built in flexibility / adaptability then I would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer who will combine their knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles to support the delivery of a successful Production Facility. Working as part of a high performing team, focusing on the preventative maintenance and optimisation of all site equipment and processes.
- Your main responsibilities will include; effectively performing electrical and mechanical maintenance of all process and packaging equipment; actively maintaining a detailed PPM system and ensure its compliance in a flexible and efficient manner.
- You will be part of a high performing team embracing a shared knowledge culture.
- This multi skilled engineer role is not only about running and maintaining equipment (although a significant part of the role), but in developing continuous improvement teams and leading/facilitating these through a number of lean manufacturing areas to deliver improvements across the site.
- This will include the delivery of planned/predictive engineering maintenance across all production lines & process areas, continuous improvement facilitation of cross-functional teams, using a combination of tools & techniques such as TPM, RCM, FMEA, 5'S and Kaizen events etc
- Identification and implementation of improvement ideas to achieve world-class standards relating to OEE, quality and H&S measurements across the facility.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Multi Skilled engineer is essential along with experience or demonstrable appreciation of FMCG (desirable) engineering/maintenance.
- You will be qualified to ONC or equivalent in manufacturing/operations areas.
- Experience of Automation/PLC is essential, Siemens control systems preferred.
- You will be a strong communicator, be confident when dealing with people at all levels and have the ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
The successful candidate will work a 42 hour week on a rotating shift pattern, so flexibility is a key requirement of this role. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
Skills & Knowledge:
- ONC, OND, HNC, HND, DEGREE
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Experience with PLC?s
- Automation FMCG Experience
- Basic workshop skills
- Able to fault find and rectify
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance
- Good communications skills at all levels. Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to train and learn new skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487069