Application Support Consultant
Would you like to work for one of the world?s leading technology companies from offices in the heart of London? We?re Hitachi Consulting (part of the global Hitachi group) and we have an opportunity for an Application Support Consultant to join our London based Cloud Solutions practice. You?ll be working with a prestigious public-sector client providing support and consultancy for critical business applications. This is a varied role which will include:
- Working as part of a Service team providing a 2nd line Support function including responding to requests from the Global Service Desk.
- Monitoring active Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurements to proactively maintain appropriate metrics, ensuring that event triggers and notifications are controlled to ensure resolution within required timelines
- Providing procedural workarounds and/or Advice and Guidance as may be required
- Liaising with 3rd party providers to provide end-to-end support for the customer.
- Deputising in the absence of the Lead Consultant, as required
- POC for Priority/Severity 1?s, able to coordinate conference calls and management (in the absence of the Lead Consultant)
- Proactive management of the Support Workstack (including Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, Changes, RFC?s and Releases), fulfilling and managing the lifecycle of.
- Applying data fixes in line with agreed working practices
This role may suit an experienced end-user with strong application functional knowledge who is looking to move into an Application Support Role.
Unlike many consultancy positions, our Application Support Consultant position will involve limited travel to visit the customer you?ll be working with. So, you can enjoy the challenge of working for a consultancy but without the extensive travel and working away from home.
What do we look for?
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. We?ll look for you to combine proven application support experience with the ability to forge and maintain strong client relationships.
Other skills and experience we look for include
- Proven experience of managing the Support lifecycle in an application support role including direct customer contact
- Experience of providing application support - for this opportunity we are looking for application (not desktop support) experience.
- Hands-on exposure to working with and supporting systems built using Intersystems Cache, Crystal reports, and VB
- Prior Experience of working with service desk toolsets, such Service Now and with a working knowledge of ITIL Delivery methodologies
- Good organisational, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in a 2nd Line Support or Service Desk 1st line Environment
- PACs Conformance testing and support
- Server Migration Experience or Exposure
- ITIL Awareness
If you have worked in the healthcare sector on systems for breast or cancer screening, or have hands-on experience with PACs HL7 and DICOM, NBSS Daybook, High-Risk Programme, Smart Clinics, Whiteboards that would be great, although not essential as we?ll offer training if required.
In return, we offer the opportunity to work as part of a collaborative, knowledgeable team, a competitive base salary of up to £35,000 (dependent on experience), flexible benefits package and career development that comes from being part of the Hitachi group
To apply please follow the link to the application page on our website. If you would like to discuss the job opportunity please contact Eldon Davis in our Talent Acquisition team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503362