236676 Thermal Engineer
Support the thermal analysis and design of the next generation Telecommunications missions; such as supporting the thermal modelling of the chemical and electrical propulsion systems on the new platform NEOsat.
This includes activities such as supporting pipework design and assessing temperatures of the propellant through the
lines, tank heater sizing, thruster and main engine firing analyses.
As part of the thermal analysis team, complete and plan with supervision thermal analyses and test activities to demonstrate achievement of thermal control system requirements.
Apply knowledge and experience of thermal analysis and test tasks as to select and justify thermal analysis tools, methods and process, as well as design drivers.
h Work as part of the thermal analysis team, considering parts of the product
development life cycle, justifies product design and / or achievement of test objectives.
h Presentation of analysis results, observations and conclusions to peers and managers.
h Occasional Airbus Defence and Space customer contact by technical presentation or delegated progress meeting support.
h Occasional interfacing with project team to answer technical queries and report progress.
h Work to specification of thermal requirements.
h Demonstrate understanding of thermal analysis principles and expected performance, complete thermal analyses.
h Conforms to the role and responsibilities of the thermal analysis function, standards of work and data management.
h Within perimeter of own work, ensure configuration / detailed design incorporates key features necessary to enable subsystem, design for manufacture, integration and required hardware re-use.
h Possible support to thermal testing which achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and develop understanding of the effectiveness of analysis and any prior correlation.
h The authoring of clear and concise thermal analysis reporting, demonstrating the understanding of thermal behaviours and compliance.
h Technical presentation of analysis and test results, observations and conclusions to lead engineer and as delegated at formal reviews.
h Contributes to work package and risk management as to ensure tasks / activities are completed on time, quality and cost.
· Degree or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or similar related discipline.
· MS Office, Thermica & Thermisol
· Appreciation of thermal system, subsystem or equipment environment, design drivers,
· Design and functional requirements validated by analysis and test.
· Conversant with thermal analysis techniques, methods and principles.
· Fundamental knowledge and experience in the application of thermal analysis software tools and the management of simulation data.
· Ability to organise, prioritise and manage own tasks / activities.
· Demonstrable post graduate relevant experience in Space or Aerospace
· MATLAB, MS Excel (including Visual Basic), other spacecraft thermal software experience.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502037