For my client based in central Edinburgh I am currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding and changing IT department where you can really add value and help shape the function.
- Planning, implementation, configuration and tuning of storage hardware and software covering online, offline, remote and offsite data storage (backup, archiving and recovery) and ensuring compliance with regulatory and security requirements
- The operation and control of the IT infrastructure (typically hardware, hypervisors, operating systems, software, data stored on various media, and all equipment within wide and local area networks) required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the business.
- Manage storage and backup systems to provide agreed service levels
- Create, improve, and support quality IT services with optimal utilisation of storage resources, ensuring data security, availability and integrity of business data
- Review capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics and take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems to support the requirement to protect and secure business information
- Plan and implement new installations and scheduled maintenance and changes within the system
- Prepare and maintain operational procedures for hosting and storage
- Manage the physical and virtual hosting infrastructure to provide agreed service levels
- Manage and maintain the server operating systems for all HES-hosted services and applications
- Manage and maintain core infrastructure services including Active Directory, ADFS, system monitoring, anti-virus
- Improve and support quality IT services with optimal utilisation of hosting resources, ensuring data security, availability and integrity of business data
- Review capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics and take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of hosting systems to support the requirement to protect and secure business information
A high level of competency is required in the following:
- VM Ware
- SAN Storage
- Wintel Server
- Active Directory
- Experience of SCOM would be an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502075