Commercial Finance Analyst - Full or Part- time Maternity cover
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Bausch and Lomb in our Finance team for a maternity cover. If you are a qualified accountant looking for an exciting opportunity within a thriving pharmaceutical business this could be the ideal role for you. We would consider both full and part time applicants (Full time is 35hrs a week and part time you would need to be able to work a minimum of 28hrs a week.)
This Commercial Finance Analyst role would be responsible for our Visioncare portfolio but would also have responsibilities across all franchises. We are looking for individuals who are Qualified (CIMA, ACCA) and have existing experience in a commercial analyst role.
- Full P&L Planning and Forecasting ? this covers sales, cost of sales, advertising and other overhead forecasting, and submission and liaison with regional business management
- Weekly sales analysis for whole business
- Monthly profit and loss reporting ? collation and review of monthly reporting pack which is issued to senior management
- You are the key point of contact in the finance team for the UK Business Unit Head, Head of Finance and regional finance management
- Review of business cases for new business opportunities
- Periodic analysis of key segment performance with a view to suggesting ways of improving profitability
- Review of overall pricing for the Visioncare portfolio
- Contract review and management
- Coordination and review of pricing discounts and rebates
- Coordination and review of cooperative advertising ? this will include analysis of the effectiveness of any promotions
- Review and control of free of charge goods
- Review and control of freight costs
- You will also monitor and control expenditure on other items such as consultants, meetings etc.
- Review and control of sales incentives schemes and payments
- You will be responsible for liaison with 3rd party distributors
- Review of product obsolescence exposure
- You will be the key point of contact for finance with European supply chain organization covering off demand management and product obsolescence, etc
Skills, qualifications and experience
- You are a qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You have experience as a commercial analyst
- You are highly proficient in excel
- You have prior experience with forecasting and planning
- You have prior experience of detailed reporting across a number of areas (sales performance, charges etc.)
- You have experience garnered from a medium to large company
- You are organised and able to plan work efficiently to deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have experience of regular meetings and relationships with senior business stakeholders
In this role for Bausch + Lomb you will benefit from a good package that will include:
- Medical insurance
- Pension Matched by us up to 10% (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 more
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided
- Free product scheme for you and a family member (includes contact lenses and eye supplements)
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental and Travel Insurance (voluntary benefit)
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on ?people, attitude and results?, we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a ?get up and go? attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a ?small company? mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the Bausch + Lomb site to complete your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501021