Product Manager - Simplify Digital
Want the environment of a start-up within a FTSE 75 company?
Chances are you’ve tried to change supplier for your television, phone, broadband or energy services before.
Did you have a memorable experience as a consumer? We’re here to make it a ‘yes’
We're a high growth technology and retail business. We develop deal comparison SaaS for triple play: TV, Phone and Broadband. It's a complex industry with over 5,000 products, each with several variants - we're here to offer customers the right option.
Right now, we’re in the midst of some big changes which we want you to be involved in, including:
- Scaling up our technology teams
- Migration of our new and existing applications to AWS
- Planning and building out our new Omni-channel integration
- Integrating into Dixons Carphone
What’s it like working here:
Our Product Managers report into the Product Director. As custodians of the product roadmap, they work closely with the design and technology teams (usually 3-7 per team) on the various products Simplifydigital have created – including energy switching apps, retention software, instore deal comparison…
- We work in a collaborative, Agile team environment.
- Our Product Managers have one foot in technology and one in commercial strategy.
- Accept responsibility and take ownership for the ongoing quality of our products.
- Use A/B testing and data analytics.
- We’ll welcome your opinions on any new technologies and solutions that might improve performance.
Sounds good? You’ll do great here if you:
- Are a confident communicator, with both technical and non-technical people.
- You ‘do’ Agile properly.
- Have a strong strategic vision for your products, coupled with the intuition and insight to spot tactical issues that need your involvement.
- Are an advocate of best-breed practices including test-driven design, code reviews, continuous integration…
- Have a degree in a technical discipline like Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics…
If that sounds like you, here's why you'll enjoy working here:
- We aren't corporate and don't wear suits.
- We're backed by Dixons Carphone , a FTSE 75 company.
- Great team and company-wide events: Escape rooms, hackathons, junkyard golf, bowling, team lunches….
- We promote flexible working.
- Yearly bonus!
- We're hands-off managers
- Staff encouraged to stuff themselves with free fruit, velvet cake and takeaways...
- ... But we have a subsidised gym membership to counter that (we also have a free onsite gym at Acton HQ)
A few of our awards include:
- One of Europe's fastest growing technology businesses in the 2013 GP Bullhound Media Momentum Awards.
- We've been awarded the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards for the past three years in a row (2015, 2014 & 2013)
- Innovation in Analytics 2016
Main Details and Responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77475815