Would you like to work for one of the UK?s most well renowned household names within food production? This could be your opportunity. This role reports into the Head of Manufacturing & Engineering and is responsible for effectively leading the engineering team and management of external contractors employed in the servicing and installation of all site Bakery, services and facilities. Delivering improved bakery performance through a culture of continuous improvement, development and advancement of engineering and Technical operator skills. The role also has responsibility for:
- Effectively managing all site and legislative requirements for equipment & plant
- Development of the sites PPM schedules, using the CMMS maintenance system provide
- detailed reports on asset performance and plant condition whilst maintaining accurate
- maintenance records to auditable standards.
- Ensuring financial controls and departmental systems and processes are followed
- Liaise with functional teams to deliver Bakery KPI?s
Key Skills and Training Required:
- HNC or equivalent in Engineering discipline
- Previous experience of manufacturing operations
- Line management experience
- Engineering apprenticeship
- Minimum of Level 2 Literacy and numeracy ability
- Relevant legislative knowledge
Key Accountabilities (list not exhaustive):
- Evaluate contractor performance against SLA?s, conduct regular contractor reviews with detailed
- records of meetings.
- Evaluate new equipment for critical and base stock requirements.
- Manage R&R expenditure budget onsite and liaise with South west sites
- Work within the CMMS system to effectively manage resources for the repair and maintenance
- of site services, utilities, buildings and bakery equipment.
- Effectively manage site systems and procedures to ensure quick resolution to problems / faults.
- Liaise with the sites functional departments to agree priorities.
- Set the standard for the team and monitor performance against departmental KPI?s
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place to meet legal, statutory and customer
- Keep records and provide reports in accordance with good engineering practices to external
- audit standards.
- Effectively manage third party contracts ensuring work is completed to standard, follow up work
- is reported through ensuring corrective action taken in a timely fashion
- Lead a highly motivated team with the responsibility of developing skills to meet Bakery
- performance while implementing a continuous improvement culture.
- Develop the Technical Operator program to deliver in-house succession planning.
- Provide Technical assistance to engineering team & site projects
If you are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ?apply? button below.
For informal chat please phone ************ and ask for Stephen. Many thanks for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501447