Senior QA Test Engineer
Senior QA/Test Engineer
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Commutable from - Telford, Shrewsbury, Welshpool, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Wolverhampton
We are looking for a talented QA/Test Engineer to join our DevOps team in Shrewsbury.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced QA/Test Engineer to drive our QA strategy forwards and ensure quality is at the heart of all we deliver.? We do not have a big team of QAs, and use our development team to test our code delivery, with user testing done through Product and other teams.
If you enjoy the technical detail of software delivery and are looking to move into a more architectural role, shaping the face of QA within a fast-paced organisation, then this is the role for you.
Ultimately you will be the foremost authority, responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across all of our products.
Essential Attributes and Skills
- Professional QA strategy and leadership experience.
- Technical understanding of Web Development architectures.
- Experience delivering QA excellence in a fast paced environment.
- Experience training and mentoring non-QA individuals, for instance around user testing techniques.
- Excellent organisational skills; this person will need to be able to juggle strategic and tactical tasks on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; this person will initially be the sole QA expert, expected to influence the behaviour and working practices of the team.
- Methodical problem solving skills and experience.
- Develop and implement the Croud QA strategy alongside the Product Manager and Development Manager.
- Contribute to development processes, helping Croud consider test-first strategies.
- Review QA processes and results; implement measures to highlight and achieve continuous improvement.
- Consider and implement appropriate automated testing tools to assist with efficient delivery of product.
- Develop release processes alongside the Development Manager to ensure live code quality.
- Train and mentor Croud staff in QA practices, ensuring developers and other staff are effective in their Quality Assurance goals.
- Able to work independently and take ownership in ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- A meticulous eye for detail and focus on manual test execution.
- Knowledge of automation practices and use of popular tools.
- Exposure to Performance/Security Testing.
- Interactive Agency experience is a plus.
- Investigate and triage reported issues
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500237