2371932 Legal Counsel
An international aircraft manufacturer is looking for a Legal Counsel to join its team in Filton on a 6-month contract basis.
The purpose of this role is to provide day-to-day efficient and "business oriented" Legal support to the Procurement management and buyers based in Filton for the Aircraft Procurement projects and contracts.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring the legal integrity of procurement agreements mainly under English law for the company's Procurement organisation and operations.
- Managing and mitigate company legal risks and exposure and support resolution of pre-contentious / contentious issues with suppliers.
- Interacting with different functions of the company, such as Procurement, Engineering, IP, Finance, Tax and Insurance.
- Working in close cooperation with the legal teams based in the France, German and Spain.
- Being a proactive member of the cross-functional teams involved in structuring procurement transactions or partnerships with external stakeholders relating to new projects, participate in project teams and the Legal practice Area (LPA) for Procurement.
- Annual turnover generated through general procurement activity is about 10 billion EUR.
- 500+ buyers working in company's general procurement.
- Wide variety of internal customers, as the jobholder provides advice to management levels as well as to buyers/project leaders in the Procurement organisation.
Under the supervision of the Head of Legal for General Procurement (LAPJ) and in cooperation with the other lawyers of the Legal Department (LAP), provide the procurement teams with appropriate legal support, advice, coordination and documentation so as to ensure contractual integrity of aircraft-related procurement agreements entered into by the company.
Negotiation and contract management support to key projects:
- Support the drafting and negotiation of contracts, transaction documents and related legal issues in liaison with other departments within the company;
- Anticipate legal issues and associated risks, provide legal advice to Procurement management during negotiations of contracts or transactions;
Risk assessment and reporting:
- Identify and evaluate liability issues deriving from contracts or transactions under negotiations or in force and ensure proper and regular information and reporting to management;
- Propose and manage mitigation or corrective actions in cooperation with the relevant departments (Procurement, Finance, Engineering);
- Build company defence strategy in connection with pre-litigation and litigations files (contract analysis, preparation of counterclaims) in coordination with the Litigation Department (LI);
- Support in a pro-active manner and in conjunction with the relevant departments, suppliers insolvency situations.
- Supervise external legal counsel whenever outside expert assistance is required.
Standard Documents and Policies:
- Create new ways of working, develop best practices within Legal department for risk management and other structuring projects;
- Create and update Procurement standards contracts, tools and processes in coordination the legal colleagues based in France, Germany and Spain;
- Adapt Procurement standards contracts when required to take into account new legislations, evolution in technological environment and the relevant company policies.
- Provide legal trainings in particular on common law to develop Legal Awareness within Procurement and other departments in liaison with Legal Academy.
- Ensure the legal integrity of the group's general procurement contracts and efficiently reduce and manage the legal exposure and risks associated with all procurement activities.
- Manage complex contract negotiations involving multiple internal departments and third parties as well as their respective counsel in a high-risk environment.
- Provide legal support to projects, structure deals, draft and negotiate contracts. Propose creative and workable solutions in a business environment.
- Contribute to the mitigation of risks for the company, to the resolution of disputes with suppliers and to the management of supplier's insolvencies proceedings.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the company's contractual strategy and policy.
- Lawyer qualified preferably under English law (eventually completed with French law), combining solid academic background and practical experience in various areas of law in an international context, in particular contract law, business law, intellectual property law, insolvency proceedings, pre-litigation and litigation.
- Professional experience (acquired in law firms and/or in the industry, preferably in the aircraft business). A solid experience in drafting, negotiation and contract law is a "must".
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills in English.
- Autonomous but at the same time team player, flexible and able to report clearly and timely on complex issues.
- Available and versatile, able to work under high pressure on several files in parallel.
- Solid understanding of the business environment and constraints with a good ability to think strategically.
- Multicultural, enjoys and is at ease interacting with people at all levels. Good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and creative, able to anticipate problems and propose and implement pragmatic solutions to prevent or remedy such problems.
- Available to travel (in Europe).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497142