Experienced Bookkeeper job in Accountancy Practice in Cambridge, up to £25k
Hays are recruiting an AAT qualified bookkeeper for a large, regional accountancy practice in Cambridge.
You will join the firms outsourcing team, who undertake a variety of accounting tasks and assignments for their clients' on their premises. The assignment at any one client's premises could range from a regular 'one day a week' arrangement, to dedicated weeks at a time, depending upon the project in hand.
- To undertake a range of book-keeping tasks and assignments
- To reconcile and to resolve any issues with reference to both the client and to the Business Team
- To control the assignment and record the time spent on tasks accurately and in accordance with the client time recording system
- To regularly keep in touch with the office and report on progress
- To keep skills up to date and learn new skills as the client work demands
- To undertake computerised and manual book-keeping - including accounts file setup, income review and reconciliation, purchase ledger review and reconciliation, nominal ledger review and reconciliation, bank reconciliation, overall expenditure review, extended trial balance preparation, drafting basic accounts from existing trial balances, resolving queries by liaison with clients, arranging audit of files prepared and liaising with external auditors as necessary.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Life assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- A relaxed and professional environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77443759