Senior Windows Systems Administrator - DevOps
Senior Windows Systems Administrator - DevOps / Microsoft / Automation / Application / Operations / IIS
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Windows System Administrator to work within Dev Ops for our Edinburgh based client.
This role offers the opportunity to work on varied projects and proactively support development. Although this role does not include line management responsibility candidates should be confident running projects. In particular, candidates should be able to support and mentor less experienced staff to ensure that projects meet deadlines with work completed to a high standard.
The role is part of a global business which promotes a culture of training and development. They offer 10 training days each year to all members of staff so is an excellent opportunity to develop in a fast paced, growing business.
Essential to have:
* Held a Senior role as a Windows System Administrator in which you lead on key proactive support projects and mentored staff
* Proven background in Windows System Administration role - Windows Server and AD (Microsoft Active Directory ) environment
* High availability experience
* Application experience as a System Administrator or from a support perspective, nice if it includes project based pro-active support work
* Microsoft Windows Clusters experience - build and deploy
* Scripting expertise - any of Powershell, PowerCLI, Bash, VBScript, Perl, Python, VBScript
* Monitoring tools experience, advantageous to have worked on Monitoring Architecture but not essential
* Troubleshooting production issues
* Demonstrable experience Deployment Automation and Configuration Management
* Able to manage incidents/ resolve incidents within System Administration and carry our subsequent RCA (root cause analysis)
* Performance Tuning, Configuration and Management of App / Web tier (IIS, Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, etc.)
* Worked with source code management software (Git, Perforce etc.)
Desirable to have:
* Worked with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Capistrano etc.
* AWS, TFS, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven NUGet, BitBucket, GCC, Make, MSI, YUM / RPM, Zip, Tar, vSphere, vRA
* Any Storage Experience - SAN, NAS, CIFS for example
* Good understanding of Networking from a System Administration perspective
* VMWare ( operating / troubleshooting Vm's in a virtual environment )
* Experience with hardware load balancers for example GTMs / F5 LTMs
* Deployment Architecture for Applications Experience
* Worked on new or next generation product design / Software Development as a Systems Administrator
This software driven business renowned for developing staff from within provides value added solutions across its sector - to find out more about this excellent opportunity, please apply in the first instance.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492115