2nd Line IT Support Engineer
My client is looking to appoint a talented and committed 2nd line Support Engineer to perform a key role in assisting their customers and internal staff with an escalation point for technical queries.
You will be involved with a variety of service desk, desktop, telephone, remote and client facing support and you will be given many opportunities to get involved with a range of IT work and technologies.
- To provide second level support to customers / internal staff of all abilities
- You will support the first line, to resolve issues that come into the department acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
- Ensure that all incidents are resolved or escalated in a timely manner to meet required targets
- Easily approachable and friendly in nature.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology and be a team player within the IT team
- Manage and monitor incidents until a resolution has been achieved
- Active Directory administration
- Windows Desktop Support and installation on Windows 7/ Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Windows Server Support and installation on Server 2008/2012/2012 R2
- Network (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Network hardware configuration and installation
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Target focused, proactive and keen to spot opportunities to refine and improve processes and service
- Calm and able to focus when in a pressure situation.
Not required but advantageous Skills
- Office 2010/2013 support
- Exchange Server Support
- VMWare VSphere administration
- Backup Technologies
- Hand Held device support ? Mobile Phones/Tablets
- Group Policy Deployment and administration
- Hardware Maintenance
- Use of Windows Script Host/VBScript to customise software deployment
In return my client offers excellent career prospects within a dynamic company framework and a competitive package for the right candidate.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959468109