We are looking to hire a solid mid weight developer in our technology team. We are interested in people who love to share ideas, challenge the status quo and use their initiative. If you are looking to work with knowledgeable people and new technologies, in a fast paced environment then apply below and join us.
The Software Developer:
Working within the Technology team at Citywire, you will play a key part in designing, building and delivering systems that help grow the business. As well as our public websites, we build many of our internal applications in-house; such as our events platform, CMS, email and magazine circulation management tool, audience engagement analytics platform, investment management and analysis tools.
Although we mostly use Microsoft tools you will also be exposed to a broad range of technologies; we have recently successfully put into production systems built with Couchbase, Hadoop, Elasticsearch and Amazon Cloud to name but a few.
We work in an Agile environment; developing in small iterations and working directly with stakeholders on a wide range of projects. You would gain strong exposure to the skills and ideas we have across all departments and every opportunity to develop your own skills. You will help to manage your projects as an equal stakeholder, and form initial requirements and identify revisions as projects progress.
Key Responsibilities of the Software Developer:
- Build and maintain web applications, APIs and services.
- Explore new technologies and tools to help shape and advance the Technology Team.
- Planning your projects and establishing requirements with other project stakeholders.
What you'll need in becoming the Software Developer:
- C# & ASP.NET MVC
- MS SQL Server
- Web Technologies
- Computer Sciences Degree - 2:1 and above or equivalent.
- Android development
- Couchbase or other NoSQL platforms.
- Elasticsearch, Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Git source control or similar.
- Agile development practises.
- TeamCity, Octopus Deploy.
- Build > Measure > Learn.
- Self-motivated, able to identify priorities as well as risks, within your projects and others.
- Able to take ownership of a task and see it through.
- Collaborative, you will be able to clearly explain and demonstrate your solutions to other stakeholders and work through new ideas and feedback.
- An eye for detail and personal pride in your work.
- If you have worked on large scale websites it would be an advantage.
What we offer you:
10% Time, every other Friday working on any project that you feel will advance you or the business.
25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays, private pension scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, subsidised gym membership, Kiddivouchers, Ride2work bike scheme and annual ticket travel card loans for your travel to and from work.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this we have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Software Developer role then please apply now!
POLITE REQUEST - NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959471912