Graduate Mathematician or Physicist - MATLAB, Python, C, Cambridge
Are you keen to apply your scientific and numerical knowledge to solving creative and technically challenging problems? This is a great opportunity to join a team of talented mathematicians, physicists and engineers to develop future leading edge information systems. If you have a passion for innovation and technology as well as a thirst for knowledge, our client can offer many opportunities for personal development and a rich variety of technical challenges.
You will work on the design of technical systems for a wide range of applications. This will include many opportunities to develop technical skills in algorithm development, data science and programming as part of a whole system design process.
This will involve working with data from sensors or unstructured data and developing algorithms to extract valuable information. Clear presentation of results both internally and to clients is also important.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
• An excellent first degree and ideally PhD in mathematics, physics or a related discipline from a top rated university.
• Experience of at least one of Matlab, Python or R.
• Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and complex problems
• Knowledge of recent technology trends particularly around data science
• Excellent communication skills
Practical experience gained through industrial placements, research projects or extra-curricular activities would be a bonus and any of the following will also be beneficial:
• Knowledge of machine learning principles
• Experience in data visualisation
• Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
This role is subject to Security Clearance vetting procedures.Another top job from ECM, the high-tech recruitment experts.
Even if this job's not quite right, do contact us now - we may well have the ideal job for you. To discuss your requirements call 01223 813399 or email your CV. We will always ask before forwarding your CV.
Please apply (quoting ref: CW23064) only if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. By submitting your details you certify that the information you provide is accurate.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77559272