Post 16 SEND LSA job - Sutton
Post 16 SEND Learning Support Assistant - Part Time - Sutton - Start 9th November
Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
Location: London Borough of Sutton
Contract Type: Long Term Temporary/Permanent Job
Start Date: 9th November 2017
Your new job
In your new job you will be working 1:1 with young adults within the Post 16 lessons at a wonderful Special school in Sutton. These students have EHCs which include Challenging Behaviour, Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties and Severe Learning Difficulties. The right candidate will be comfortable working with young adults and have experience supporting a Key Stage 1 and 2 National Curriculum.
In return, you will receive a supportive and nurturing workplace, with access to new state of the art resources as well as opportunities for career progression and continuous training. You will be working alongside other SEND Professionals report into a Senior Leader who is the school's Safeguarding Officer. The school are looking for someone professional and who has a positive friendly attitude in the classroom.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience delivering KS1 or 2 curriculum within a Secondary/Post 16 SEND setting
* Confident using hoists and manual handling equipment around the classroom
* To be a motivated and passionate with strong class management skills
* Comfortable supporting personal care
* Have a DBS which has been checked against the Adults and Child Barred Lists.
Benefits of working for Hays Education
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Nicholas Louch on 0207 259 8770 or email for more information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77428785