IT Security Support Engineer
JOB TITLE: IT Security Support Engineer
REPORTING TO: Technical Security Manager
Responsible for desktop support, administration, maintenance and development of the Security Department?s IT infrastructure.
WINDOWS DESKTOP AND SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE
1. Desktop support across multiple applications.
2. Hardware/software build and installation.
3. Administration of users, shares and data management.
4. Monitor server performance, security and functionality.
CISCO NETWORKING AND CONNECTIVITY
1. Identify network hardware and cabling requirements.
2. Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
3. Cisco switch and firewall configuration.
- Perform administration tasks for various applications and databases.
- To develop and carry out a stress testing regime and maintain records accordingly.
- Monitor and ensure applications are being used responsibly in line with corporate policy.
1. Problem solve, develop processes and procedures.
2. Manage transition to outsourcing some support tasks.
- Research and develop systems to meet operational requirements.
- Contribute towards departmental technology roadmap.
1. To undertake any reasonable duties as requested by Line Management.
- Strong desktop/server support skillset.
- An understanding of network infrastructure and connectivity principles. Experience of Cisco and Microsoft networking.
- A willingness to study and progress to learn various IT disciplines.
- A logical approach to problem solving and the ability to learn quickly.
- Flexible and willing to tackle a broad range of IT issues.
- Experience working with Security Technology devices an advantage.
The ability to work outside normal business hours when necessary.
- The incumbent must have an appreciation of the importance of customer service and how this is applied in the context of Company.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494205