IT Support Consultant
IT Support Consultant
SALARY: £25,000 - £38,000pa
Do you thrive on creating simple solutions to complex issues? Do you enjoy providing excellent support for an individual whilst also thinking of the impact on the company as a whole? Are you someone who blossoms when working closely with lots of different people?
Our client are looking for an IT Support Consultant with a strong technical background to join their expanding Support team to provide their clients with on-site, face to face technical support, give impartial advice and guidance on software and hardware needs as well as ensure that their client's infrastructural capabilities keep pace with their evolving needs.
You will be based in the Cambridge office, but will spend on average three days per week out of the office on-site with clients providing day to day IT support, working with them at a strategic level to design appropriate systems for their needs as well as building and maintaining strong working relationships.
You will also have the opportunity to work on large scale projects and assignments. You will essentially be acting as their in-house IT support team; backed by a wealth of knowledge and experience from the rest of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join a team in providing the very best account management, project management and technical support.
Who are you?
- 2:1 or above degree and relevant industry experience (IT related degree desirable, but not essential).
- A self-started who enjoys finding elegant solutions to complex issues
- A natural problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with researching a solution using your own initiative
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting priorities requiring collaboration with multiple teams both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication, report writing and customer service skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients
- A passion for knowledge and learning in the IT industry; keeping up to date with the latest trends and solutions
What do you know?
- Solid experience and aptitude in IT
- Able to process ideas and solutions with confidence at all levels of the business including board level
- Solid experience using Windows Server OS; AD; DNS and AD policies
- Able to deploy and maintain Networking and Firewall solutions
- Able to grow and maintain strong working relationships
- Knowledge of disaster recovery techniques
- Experience performing IT audits
- Experience supporting and deploying VMWARE
- Expertise across Windows desktop operating systems (knowledge of Mac and Linux devices and OS also desirable)
Salary: £25,000 - £38,000 (DoE)
Benefits: Accelerate your skill set rapidly, get rewarded each time you gain a new qualification with our exam pass scheme, work with new and exciting technologies, a great working environment that's supportive and knowledgeable, annual salary reviews, contributory pension, private healthcare, share in the company's success with annual bonus, life assurance and travel expenses.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77546892