Housing Options Gateway Assessor
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Halton Housing Trust we are currently looking for a Housing Options Gateway Assessor to come join our team based in Widnes. You will join us on a full time, fixed term basis until March 2018 and will receive a competitive salary of £22,845 - £26,877 per annum.
Halton Housing Trust is a forward thinking and dynamic not for profit housing association that owns and manages 6,800 homes in the Cheshire towns of Runcorn and Widnes.
We employ over 280 talented members of staff, including 80 specialist trades people in our Construction Services team. Our Board work closely with our Executive Management team to ensure that we meet our promises and main objective - 'Improving People's Lives.'
Duties required of our Housing Options Gateway Assessor
- To work alongside the Housing Options Gateway Advisor to support vulnerable customers requiring adapted accommodation
- To proactively identify and support vulnerable customers who need help in applying and bidding for accommodation; including visiting customers at home and supporting them by completing Health & Welfare Assessments and Property Pool Plus applications
- Ensure housing needs are accurately assessed, recorded and monitored using the Health & Welfare Assessment Process
- Be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Health & Welfare Assessment database
- Along with the Housing Options Gateway Advisor (GA) complete the shortlisting of Adapted and Ground floor void properties, Liaise with Housing Options advisors and Customers to provide appropriate nominations for adapted void properties, in a timely manner
- Provide a timely response to e-mail enquiries from customers and other partners
What we're looking for in our Housing Options Gateway Assessor
- Experience of dealing with disabled and vulnerable customers is an essential
- Experience of working within a housing environment specifically dealing with Adaptions
- Experience of dealing with customers in a service environment
- Knowledge of Adaptations and availability of adapted properties within the borough
- Knowledge of working within a choice based letting environment
- Knowledge of working within the Housing Sector
- Knowledge of key issues, legislation and good practice in relation to Adaptations and Housing Allocations
- Completed Trusted Assessor Training Course
- Empathy and ability to support vulnerable customers
- Ability to work with others to identify solutions to improve performance
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and meet performance targets and deadlines
- Effective networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- IT skills including operation of standard office IT systems, including e-mail, word processing, internet and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
The successful Housing Options Gateway Assessor should also have the ability to drive and possess a clean and full driving licence with access to a motor vehicle.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th November
Interview: Monday 20th November
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and would like to join our highly motivated team as a Housing Options Gateway Assessor then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444009