Advanced Systems Software Engineer
Advanced Systems Software Engineer
Fleet, Hampshire United Kingdom
For over a 100 years, Boeing has been making the impossible, possible. From producing a single canvas-and-wood airplane to transforming how we fly over oceans and into the stars, Boeing has become the world's largest aerospace company. And we're just getting started; especially in the UK.
The partnership between Boeing and the UK dates back to the 1930?s and continues to get stronger and deeper, with UK jobs, skills and opportunities being constantly generated to support major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8, ScanEagle, Support Chain Information Services, Government Services and Staffordshire Police, to mention a few.
Boeing has doubled its UK workforce in the last five years to more than 2,000 employees. This growth continues through 2017, join us and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing Defence UK realises its Science and Technology, and Research and Development requirements through its Advanced Systems team located in Bristol and Fleet.
BDUK Advanced Systems employs innovative, highly skilled and mission motivated engineers capable of engineering differentiating high quality systems and solutions at high velocity. The team develops innovative information management and exploitation solutions for applications across a diverse set of C4ISR domains and contexts that include, but are not limited to intelligence, cyber, logistics, and training.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for innovative, talented and mission motivated Software Engineers to join the Advanced Systems team developing cutting edge next generation software solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a team player able to work with engineers who possess a diverse set of skills ranging from academic research through to product development. They should also have an interest in current and future technology trends and be able to work within a variety of development environments.
- Delivering high quality design, development and delivery of robust next-generation software solutions
- Collaborating with distributed national and international development teams and stakeholders to understand user requirements and translate them into effective prioritised technical requirements
- Ensuring that the BDUK software engineering processes are followed correctly and be able to identify areas for improvement
- Must be able to obtain a UK security clearance.
- You will hold a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
- Excellent working knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of object orientated programming (C++, C# and/or Java)
- Be innovative and lateral in thought with strengths in problem solving
- Ability to be work on your own initiative after initial tasking
- Experience with software configuration management
- Experience with simulation tools and applications
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies and applications
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Knowledge of 3D and geospatial algorithms
- Experience in multiple development environments and operating systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443610