A successful and growing company in Financial industry is looking for an experienced Oracle DBA.
You should have a DevOps background or be looking to enhance your DevOps skillset and keep up to date with the latest technology changes. You will be at home with the concept of Infrastructure as Code and turn to scripting and automation as your first thought when looking into issues or configuring systems. You take pride in your work and strive for perfection but also understand the importance of working within agreed timeframes and prevailing industry best practices.
- Strong analytical skills for technical problem solving.
- Oracle database support - able to understand and troubleshoot complex SQL and performance bottlenecks.
- Windows Server systems administration
- Automation and Scripting - PowerShell, Python, Linux shell scripting etc.
- Virtualisation and Containerisation - Experience of supporting Hyper-V or VMware.
- Security - Patch management, endpoint protection, systems hardening and best practices as well as the ability to identify security threats and trends.
- Networking - Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
Knowledge of any of the below is a bonus but not a requirement and you will get an opportunity to learn about these technologies alongside a team that enjoys the challenge of pushing technology boundaries.
- Cloud - AWS, Azure or Google cloud.
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm etc.
- Any Linux experience preferably Redhat/Centos
- Active Directory.
- HPE Hardware.
- 3Par and Fibre Channel experience.
- Backups and Business Continuity.
- Firewall configuration and support.
Role is paying £50-70k + benefits, St Albans
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495458