Satellite Solutions Engineer - Central London
Satellite Hub Sulutions Engineer
£45,000 - £48,000 per annum
A leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Growing customer base includes many of the World's leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure maximum network & service availability through proactive maintenance/monitoring;
- Provide customer-facing 2nd and 3rd line support for satellite equipment, legacy remote wireless, and in-house operations support systems;
- Provision of customer network services on core equipment;
- Provide support services for service design, transition, and operations;
- Frequently update Satellite Hub Manager of the Hubs'/NOCs' status;
- Continuous analysis of Hub infrastructure to identify service improvements to enhance customer experience.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Excellent understanding of Satellite Communications, VSAT technology, and RF equipment;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Satellite Hub Management and Operations;
- Operational experience of Gilat systems;
- Operational experience of Newtec systems;
- Operational experience of iDirect systems;
- Operational experience of Hughes Network Systems;
- Network Operations Centre experience within a Satellite Communications or ISP environment;
- Willingness to work occasional long hours under pressure in
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495353