Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical low-level design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical low-level design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who develops and implements enterprise technology designs.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc.
- Pro-actively supports sales activities. Input into the sales lifecycle. Provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
Education and Experience Required:
3-5 years of network experience, Cisco CCNP or other equivalent professional level of certification.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and implement multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches technologies is a must.
- Knowledge in at least one more technology (Firewalls, Load balancers, Proxy servers, Wireless).
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer's enterprise. Has contributed to the implementation and application of new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions.
- Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer's Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
- Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
- Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer presentation, putting forward domain-specific information. Has demonstrated ability to support others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete designs for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Able to work in a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
- Contractual onsite requirement for 3-4 days per week at client site in Derby
- UK Security Clearance required
Rullion is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494656