Melbreck Technical Recruitment is currently looking for an additional support for special purpose machinery manufacturer based in Bedfordshire.
Our client is looking for a Project Engineer to take responsibility for contracts from the receipt of order through to completion.
- Review the contract at the outset and check for any discrepancies between our quotation, acknowledgement of order, any proposal drawings, and the customer's specifications and expectations.
- Agree a schedule with the Sales, Technical, Electrical Engineering and Factory Managers that also fits the customer's schedule, and to ensure that all key dates on this schedule are met.
- Supervise the preparation of the layout drawings for the customer to approve.
- Obtain the customers approval of the designs before the detailed design is done.
- Ensure all items to be purchased that may have a long lead time are pre-ordered in time.
- Ensure the project financial milestones are met.
- Supervise the detailed design work.
- Where appropriate supervise subcontractors during installation.
- Commissioning of the equipment.
- Offer a technical backup service for the life of the equipment.
At all times it is essential that the Project Engineer is aware of the status of each of his contracts and that all relevant parties are kept informed.
Overnight UK trips and overseas travel may also be a requirement of this position.
Please apply if you are interested
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498405