Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: c£35,000 plus benefits
Job Ref: CTU19440
One of the largest and most diverse companies in the UK working in public and regulated sectors, with the ultimate aim of creating better places for people to live, work and travel in.
The role of Software Engineer will require you to work on small, medium and large sized system developments and enhancements across a wide variety of business and operational systems. You?ll provide support to an IT Project Manager or Senior IT Software Engineer within a delivery team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and the delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Meet with prospective internal and external clients to understand and define user requirements
- Effectively work with key stakeholders, peers and colleagues from project inception through to delivery, support and maintenance
- Identify and advise on strategies for efficient development of technology solutions
- Implement requirements to deliver functionally correct, maintainable and error free code which fully meets the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Test the product in controlled situations as part of an agreed acceptance strategy
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
- Engage in client and third-party liaison.
As a suitable candidate you should have post-graduate experience (a Software Engineering or Computer Science degree perhaps) in software engineering and first hand professional software engineering experience ideally including development of real-time software.
You will have familiarisation with each stage of the software lifecycle, including but not limited to user studies, feasibility, estimation, design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance. You should have experience of modem analysis and design methodologies and of utilising a CASE tool development environment e.g. UML Enterprise.
In addition you should be proficient with C#, the .NET framework and related technologies and have a strong working knowledge of common database and data storage technologies. Ideally you will have prior experience with Git, Team Services, or other modern change control solution and associated best practices with the ability to apply a controlled approach to design, implementation and testing of software.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497653