Systems Test & Validation Engineer
Systems Test & Validation Engineer
A Systems Test & Validation Engineer with experience in either development or test automation roles is required to work a permanent basis for our engineering client based in Leicestershire.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one a market leader in the automotive market.
Overview of the Systems Test & Validation Engineer role
The successful applicant will work within the company's Electrical Systems Design team to help ensure their electrical systems meet their stringent quality standards in terms of both hardware and software functionality.
Key skills required for the Systems Test & Validation Engineer
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related experience (or equivalent experience).
- At least 1-2 years' relevant experience in either development or test automation roles.
- Experience in creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
- Proficient in C or C++.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
- An inquisitive and creative mind, to allow the exploration of unusual test scenarios which are beyond what is expected of the systems/users.
- Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser/CANoe or a similar software package.
- Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Perl, Python, Shell).
- Previous experience in an automotive testing environment.
The role is based in Leicestershire - commutable from Leicester, Hinckley, Loughborough, Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Northampton, Corby, Kettering, Derby, Burton-upon-Trent, Lichfield, Cannock, Walsall, Solihull, and Birmingham.
If you are a Systems Test & Validation Engineer looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other electronics engineering opportunities please contact Ashley Hamriding on ***************************** or call **************
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497060