Infrastructure Engineer/ DBA
Infrastructure Engineer/ DBA - Financial Services - City of London
We are a specialist investment and wealth management firm, with a disciplined investment philosophy that puts each client's investment objectives at the very centre of each solution. We are part of a wider group that was formed in 1885. Today we manage over £3bn* of assets worldwide for a variety of clients.
Responsible for 2nd/3rd line support/ engineering of the IT Infrastructure; resolving issues and requests, raising and resolving problems and implementing small change
- Accepting, prioritising and resolving incidents escalated from the service desk
- Problem management
- To provide mentoring to ServiceDesk engineers
- To provide project support to the IT Architecture teams as required
- To provide support and administration of the IT Infrastructure
- To assist with testing of IT Business Continuity plans as and when required
- To participate in the delivery of the Infrastructure roadmap
- To provide project support for IT development teams and infrastructure projects as required
- To identify Service Improvement opportunities
- Manage/ maintain and enhance the back end infrastructure (W Server, VMWare, AD, TCPIP etc)
- Manage and maintain entire MS-SQL server infrastructure across all environments: production, UAT and development
- Database backup and recovery with use of native backup and HP Data Protector
- Manage and audit databases security
- Administration of Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS) and Analytical Services (SSAS)
Technical skills - Essential
- Excellent understanding of current Microsoft SQL server and availability services.
- Excellent understanding of current Windows Server and Desktop operating systems and Group Policy
- Excellent understanding of SSRS, SSIS.
- Detailed working knowledge of a broad range of Infrastructure Technologies;
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading financial service business with plenty of projects on the horizon to sink your teeth into!
Location - City of London
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus & Excellent Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498273